Saturday, March 26, 2016

My Easter Mantel

Hello! Hope you are having a wonderful Saturday! I started the day with a yoga class, and Oh, I feel so rested and relaxed after that!! Hubby took the kids to the mall for a bit, so I could get things ready for Easter tomorrow. Since the business is done, and the house is quiet, I would like to show you my fireplace mantel decorated for Easter. 

I kept it very simple, I just added candles in different heights achieved with vintage books.  And a mix of brass and glass candle holders. 





I added a garland of dried branches and Easter eggs to make it look more Eastery. 




Inside the fire place I added a basket with dried hydrangeas for a touch of spring!  
I live in New England and the winters are extremely cold, so we do make fires pretty much every weekend. It is very nice and cozy to sit by the fire. But that takes a toll in the fire place and it is very, well, burned and kind of dirty looking, even thou I did clean all the ashes inside. I will be giving it a coat of fresh paint soon! 

 Since the family is not back yet, and they just opened a huge Home Goods not too far from my house, I think I am going to run over to see what I can find! I am hoping for some spring pillows, we'll see what comes home with me!!

Happy Easter!









2 comments:

  1. Your mantel looks very nice for Easter! you can't go wrong with candles and eggs for Easter. I hope you had a nice day yesterday. I love Home Goods. I bet you're happy to have one near you now. It can be too tempting at times to have one near me. It's very easy to run in there while I'm out running other errands and see if anything grabs my attention. And you know it always does! Hope you found something you couldn't live without.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kelly! I hope you had a nice Easter as well! Did you hosted? Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete